"Flowers...are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty out-values all the utilities of the world."  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1844

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Late Autumn Gardening

The garden season is not over yet! Portland is getting cold and I am occassionally waking up to frost on the ground. The rain has caused my sunflowers to droop but I still have a bounty of tomatoes to look forward to!





I enjoyed a lot of "Sweet Million" small, cherry-like tomatoes and was impressed with the harvest. My late autumn "Better Boy" tomato plant has yet to produce more than 2 ripe tomatoes but I have about 20 large ones waiting on the vine...


I think next year I would like to add more yellow-pear tomatoe plants as well as a few more eggplants - Ah well, always something to do :)


Happy gardening -


Judy Bloom

No comments: